Wednesday 6 November 2013

Club Penguin Team Members: Spike Hike

Let's get to know Club Penguin's general manager, Spike Hike...
Hello penguins! This section will help you to learn more about Spike Hike, like what his favourite things, some facts about him and a brief history!

Club Penguin Team Members: Spike Hike

Club Penguin Team Members: Spike Hike

The Introduction of Spike Hike

In October 2012, Spike Hike made his first post on the Club Penguin Blog, stating that it'll be stepping into Lane's shoes (Billybob) and taking over as the role of General Manager in Club Penguin  - which you can see by clicking right here. 

Club Penguin Team Members: Spike Hike
Hey Penguins!

Spike Hike here. My real name is Chris Heatherly, and as you may have heard last week, I'm stepping into Lane's big shoes. You probably don't know me, but I've been working and playing on Club Penguin for a long time!

I first met the Club Penguin Team in 2007 when I worked for Disney Toys. When I first came to Penguin, I fell in love with what the team was doing. Together we worked on the first Penguin toy line. Billybob and I got to launch the toys in the biggest penguin party ever in New York City! We had Club Penguin projected onto the Jumbotron so that kids from around the world could join the party.

As a dad, I've been playing Club Penguin with my three kids for years. My twins even had a Club Penguin birthday party and I dressed up as Herbert. Herbert had stolen the puffles and the kids had to throw "snowballs" at him and get him to drop the sack of puffles. The kids tackled me to the ground and pelted me with snowballs!

Lane and I became really good friends and talked a lot about his vision for Club Penguin. When he asked me to join Club Penguin it was a dream come true! For the last year and a half, I've been able to work on parties, penguin shorts and music videos. As a long time player and as a dad, Club Penguin is very special to me.

As Billybob said in his farewell post, one thing about Club Penguin will never change – it has always been about you guys and always will be.

Until next time… Waddle On!

-Club Penguin Team
Since then, Spike Hike has been in charge of Club Penguin and has posted several posts on the Club Penguin Blog. He usually posts things to do with the My Penguin app.

Spike Hike's favourite things
In Club Penguin, Spike Hike loves many things and some things he likes! For example, his favourite Club Penguin Games are Sled Racing and Card Jitsu...

Club Penguin Team Members: Spike Hike

 ...as well as his favourite games, Spike Hike's favourite feature is Puffle Digging as it gives penguins an extra reason to walk their puffles!

Facts about Spike Hike
Below you can find facts about the Club Penguin Team Member, Spike Hike...
  • Spike Hike joined Club Penguin in 2007.
  • Spike Hike works at the Club Penguin Headquarters in Kelowna, Canada.
  • Spike Hike was introduced to replace the former Club Penguin Team Member, Billybob.
  • Spike Hike has a Twitter account - @spikehikecp
  • Spike Hike worked to help launch Club Penguin Toys in 2008.
Spike Hike's personality
From his Club Penguin Blog posts, like about the My Penguin App. Spike Hike's personality seems to be very passionate about the release of new things in Club Penguin. As Spike Hike likes to see new things in Club Penguin, we can see that Spike Hike loves the developing of Club Penguin, which makes him passionate!

My View
Spike Hike is a passionate Club Penguin Team Member and I love how he loves to see new things in Club Penguin and see Club Penguin develop, like me!

Your Say
Now it's time for your say! What do you think of Spike Hike? What is your favourite thing about Spike Hike? Have you ever met Spike Hike in Club Penguin? Share us your thoughts by leaving a comment below.
~Boba 126

0 comments:

Post a Comment